Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

From Puzzles to Plants

Mark and I turned over the pieces to a puzzle, before I left for Ohio, that I found at a thrift store that he liked....a barn filled with old cars.  He had started the puzzle before I got back and we finished it by working on it until late Friday night and again Saturday.  And then we began another puzzle that we finished Tuesday.

Working on the puzzle.


Progress on Monday

Finished on Tuesday


On Monday morning I planted flowers.....the everlasting, metal kind!  No watering necessary!  I even planted some birdies, butterflies, lady bugs and a dragonfly.  I also added the WELCOME sign you see in the first picture.

Planted in the front of the house

Planted by the She Shed in the back yard

A selfie.....imagine that!  *wink*

Busy week.....
Monday was the Assisted Living service at Mallard Ridge
Tuesday was the Widow's Meeting in Statesville
Wednesday church
Thursday a worship safety program Mark, Calvin and Bobby will attend
Friday is the ladies' meeting at Sharon's house
Saturday is, hopefully, the day we move the entertainment center from the parsonage to our house.

Mark had a doctor's appointment today to have his A1C checked.  Six months ago, after our marriage in July, he had an appointment and his A1C was higher.  He told the doctor he had just gotten married and she cut him some slack and said she would give him 6 months to get it back down or she would have to increase his diabetes meds.  I am happy to report that it was lower and he weighs the least he has weighed since before we started going together!  Thank You, Lord, for helping him watch his eating better and for the good report!

No comments: