Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 29, 2019

We Ate It All Gone!

This week started off in a "moving" way!  Let me fill you in!

Monday, Mark and I ate brunch with Elisabeth and the kids at Cracker Barrel in Lexington.  They didn't have school because it was a teacher work day.  We got there and Abby had saved us a seat on either side of her.

Monday evening we went to the Tri-state preacher's meeting at Damascus Baptist Church in Statesville.  The meetings always start at 2 in the afternoon.  They break for a snack after a couple of men preach.  Then at 5 they break for supper.  At Damascus they always go down the street to the community building for a catered meal.  That is where we went first.  After supper we returned to the church for the evening service.

Tuesday morning I woke up at 4 a.m. not feeling well.  Besides being nauseous and having a terrible headache, I spent a LOT of time in the bathroom!  I carried the trash can back and forth with me between the bed and the bathroom.  I stayed in bed ALL DAY on Tuesday.  I ran a fever off and on, too.  I felt miserable!

Wednesday, not long after Mark went to work, I had to change positions because my back was killing me!  So I moved to the recliner.  Asher joined me.  I finally took a chance and ate a banana.  It stayed down!  Later that evening I ate some saltine crackers, too.


Thursday I felt better, but still had a slight headache.  I ate a banana for breakfast, oats for lunch and chicken noodle soup for supper.

Friday I woke up with a headache but it disappeared pretty quickly after taking some tylenol.  I got up at 8:30 and dressed for the first time since Monday.  I felt great!  So I started cleaning up the house.  I worked until around 11:15 and left to pick up Ilene and go to lunch.  Then I spent the rest of the afternoon with her and we finished a puzzle she had started.


Mark left after work to pick up Jaxon and Noah.  I wanted to make pizza at home for our supper, so I had gone to the grocery store before coming home to get ingredients.  Mark did some work around the house before supper.  Noah and Jaxon were not yet hungry, so I was able to clean up the kitchen, load the dish washer, chop the veggies for the pizza and cook the meat.  By that time everyone was getting ready for eating.

Two doves in the driveway.

Cooking the Spicy Italian sausage for the pizza.

Chopping the veggies.


When I got the groceries, I also bought some flowers.  
I couldn't resist the beautiful blooms!  YAY for Spring!!


You can see the lines of the mowing Mark did.

Look what bowed its head to hide from the lawn mower!

 Time to start the pizza.


Jaxon requested pepperoni only.  Noah wanted pepperoni, sausage and onions.  Mark wanted everything (black olives vs. green).  I wanted pepperoni, green olives, onions and peppers.

All that's left is the cheese.

Looks YUMMY!

By the time the pizza was done, my stomach was not feeling like it could handle any pizza, so I offered it to the boys.  I forgot to take a picture of the finished pizza, but there was one piece left, which I did end up eating and chased it down with some saltines.  So far so good!

Unfortunately, Mark came home not feeling great with all of the symptoms I had earlier this week.  I was hoping he had missed it.  So, it will probably be a long weekend for him.  Sorry, sweetie!  Lord, please help him to not have the awful headaches I had this week!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: