Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

After church today, we grabbed subs at Subway, took Ilene home and went to the house to eat and change clothes so we could take Jaxon to play T-ball in Wallburg.  It was a beautiful day to play ball!  A little chilly if the sun went behind the clouds and with the breeze, however!  Mark got a sun/wind burn.

It took a little bit for Jaxon to warm up to the game, but he looks very promising!  Good job, little buddy!

Our star player, Jaxon.

First, warm-up













Time to play.  Jaxon was in the pitcher position.  He didn't actually do any pitching, but the ball was thrown back to him from the outfield.  He made some good tosses to first base.

Not sure what to do exactly.







He was practicing his swing in the batter's circle.




Three balls were tossed from the adult pitcher.  
If all of those balls were missed then they brought in the T-ball stand.
Jaxon got a good hit in and made it to.....

.....third base!  He could have gone home, but didn't understand 
that the coaches were trying to get him to do that.

The second position he played was third baseman.  
He's preparing to scoop up the ball when it comes to him!
See videos below.





He had another game after we left that his mommy stayed for and she said he played really well!  It will be fun to watch him progress in his skills!  I ask, Heavenly Father.....Please watch over Jaxon and his little friends and protect them from harm!  Thank You, Lord!

We played Scrabble with Noah when we got back home and before church.


We didn't get finished with the game before church time rolled around, however!  Mark won!

Have a great week!

No comments: