Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Diary Log, Earth Date 03-05-2019

6:30 a.m. - Alarm for me to get up and get ready before getting the kids up.
 
7:04 a.m. - Past time to wake everyone up.  Chance first, who is sleeping in mom and dad's bed since I stole his (actually my bed from the bedroom Jessica fixed up for me down in the basement).  Next, Thad, who wakes up easily.  Better than Chance!  Then comes Araya.  I carried her down the stairs and sat her at the bar.  In the activities that followed, after giving her some cold medicine since she was sneezing all day yesterday, I looked at her and noticed her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were very droopy.  I could tell by the way she was answering me that she was not feeling well.  I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom and took her temperature.  It rose quickly to 99.8 and was continuing to climb after leaving it for a minute under her arm.

7:37 a.m. - Out the door with Araya wrapped up warmly.  Mommy (Jessica) tells me to ask Araya if her ears hurt.  "Just one; the left ear is the only one."  In the distraction of getting Araya taken care of and out the door, Thad left his book bag, EVEN THOUGH the last thing out of my mouth before leaving the house was....."Get your book bags!" Chance even fought with his book bag.....you would think that would have tipped Thad off to realize...... How does that happen?  Well, he was upset and cried.  I wrote a note to the teacher and told her I would try to do a better job of making sure he had it tomorrow and that he DID have his math homework done.  I told Jessica I knew why I had kids when I was younger!  I can't imagine being Elisabeth or Sarah!

It is a COLD 10 degrees out this morning!  BRRRRR!!!!!  But the sun is super bright!  So pretty!  I stopped on the way back to the house to get some tea and Araya wanted some rootbeer.  When we got home she hit the couch.   

9:00 a.m. - I gave Araya some tylenol for her fever and some ear drops.  I added some cotton to her ear.  She wanted to play on her daddy's phone. In about an hour she was feeling much better and her fever was down.  Thank You, LORD!  She came over to sit by me on the couch after her phone died and I downloaded a game on the tablet I brought.

I told her to say, "cheese" but she gave me "kissy mouth" instead.


11:04 a.m. - We had some visitors to the back yard today.
Deer #1 (mom?)

Deer #2 (child?)

Deer #3 (cousin, Aunt??)

About 5 minutes passed between the time mom and baby passed and #3 came through.

11:34 a.m. - Michael came home from school.

12:00 p.m. - I asked Michael to run to Arby's for some lunch.....a Loaded Italian sub and a tea for me and whatever he wanted.  Araya is not eating today.  Her daddy's phone died, so she is watching YouTube videos on the tablet I brought and sitting beside me on the couch as I type this.

1:00 p.m. - Time for some more tylenol for our little girl.  She said, "Why?" because she doesn't like the medicine.  I told her mommy wanted her to take it to help her ear feel better.  I had to add water to it for her to take it!  I'm sure that helped, LOL!  She took a drink of rootbeer afterwards and then ate a lime popsicle.  What a flavor combination!

1:24 p.m. - Popsicle is gone!  The kids video binging continues.  Talk about a waste of time!  The stuff featured in these videos is so empty!  I guess the silly things done are what keeps the kids watching.

2:50 p.m. - Time to work on the puzzle we started last night. There's still a lot to do!

3:30 p.m. - Araya started helping me with the puzzle, but then went to the couch again with the tablet.  She conked out.

4:30 p.m. - Michael volunteered to pick up the boys since Araya was sleeping soundly.  I continued to work on the puzzle til the boys got home.  Then we worked on homework and cleaning out their folders.

Thad did some reading while Chance and I worked on puzzles.  No movement from Araya.
Chance is going to take his puzzle for show and tell at school.

7:00ish p.m. - Jessica and Terry called to facetime with the kids.  Finally about 7:30 Araya woke up and got to talk to mommy and daddy.  She later said, "I miss mommy and daddy.  I don't know why they had to go so far away.  I thought they were going to Wendy's."  LOL!

8:00 p.m. - Time to get ready for bed.  Which means they have an hour to settle down after they brush their teeth and get their jammies on.  They had their choice of 3 activities.....puzzle with grandma, phones/tablet, or watch a movie.  Chance chose to keep working on puzzles.  Araya chose the tablet and Thad chose the phone.

9:00 p.m. - I could tell that Araya was no where near ready for sleeping again already, so I let her stay up with me working on the puzzle.  She eventually got back on the tablet.  Chance and Thad were out in no time.

11:00 p.m. - I told Araya it was time for bed and I quit working the puzzle so I could finish this post.  She was out pretty quickly, so the last dose of tylenol helped with that, I am sure.  I got quite a bit done on the puzzle tonight.  I don't know if I will finish it in the next 2 days or not.  Jessica and I decided Araya should stay home again tomorrow for good measure.  She seemed to feel pretty good tonight.  Hopefully she will be even better tomorrow!
Sorry, the picture is upside down.

11:30 p.m. - That is a wrap for today!  I'm closing up shop and heading to bed!  Thank You, LORD, for the blessings of the day!  Thank You that Araya was feeling better after taking some medicine.  Please heal her little body. 

No comments: