Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weather Stress

I am in Ohio this week watching my grandchildren while their parents take a couple of days to get away from it all.  By the time I got here I felt like I needed to get away from it all, LOL!

The trip was a disaster from the beginning!  When I left the house, it was very overcast, but there was no precipitation.  I stopped for gas and then went across the street to Wendy's drive thru.  That was my first mistake!  The line was long and it took forever!  My main reason for stopping was so I could have something to drink on the trip.  I ate the fries, but left the chicken sandwich for later when I was more hungry.

I headed up the highway (NC 109) to make my connection to US52 for the leg out of North Carolina.  Except, I messed up.  I can't get used to NC109 taking me to I-40 instead of US52 like I'm used to hitting from the parsonage.  So, instead of getting on US52 I stayed on I-40.  I realized my error several miles out of the way and had to do a U-turn!  My second mistake!

Half an hour later, I am finally headed north on US52.  It was smooth sailing until I reached Fancy Gap mountain where the fog was crazy thick.  When I finally got through the fog, the light rain started.  It got heavier and heavier until for a big portion of the trip I used the windshield wipers on the fastest speed!  I was worried it would burn the motor up!  The heavy rain continued all the way through Virginia, into West Virginia and past Charleston where I headed north towards Ravenswood.  The only relief was when I went through the tunnels in Virginia.  Even with the rain I was making pretty good time, but I hydroplaned several times for just an instant.  Thank You, LORD, for Your protecting hand!

Then the snow started.....And it came down heavily and covered everything, including the road!  The temperature was dropping, too!  I slowed down considerably, and even at that I still did some slipping and sliding.  I was becoming so stressed that I was becoming nauseous.  So I stopped at a gas station in Ravenswood to get gas and go to the bathroom for a break.  I prayed to the Lord that when I got on US33 that the weather conditions would be better!

I crossed the bridge from Ravenswood, WV into Ohio and the snow eased up and the roads were just wet.  Thank You, Lord, for answered prayer!  At 7 o'clock I ate the chicken sandwich because I was able to relax and use one hand on the steering wheel for driving and one to hold the sandwich.  I arrived at Jessica's around 8 o'clock.  What a relief to be there!  Thank You, Lord!

The kids wanted to play but I told them I just wanted to relax for the rest of the evening!  We've got all week to play!  I also want to have a play day with Tim's mom and do some thrifting and go to lunch with her.  Looking forward to looking through some new thrift stores!  I hope the weather cooperates!  NO MORE SNOW, please, Lord!

Have a GREAT week!

I would say (if I'm reading the icons correctly) the blue showing in Ohio and surrounding areas is the snow I was in.  And I'm guessing the green in the states south of the blue is rain.  You can see the snow is just above Charleston.  True Dat!


No comments: