Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Being Different

If I could give the Christian kids of today one message, it would be that it's okay, no, it is GOOD to be different from the world!  For that matter, I wish ADULT Christians understood this! It's actually what God wants and desires of us...to be IN the world but not OF the world!  How is the world going to know there is a difference between a Christian and a non-Christian if they can't see or hear a difference when they are with us?  The world is going to hate us if we are obeying Christ's commands and living as a light in the world!  I didn't say it, Jesus did!  He said in John 15:19, "If you were of the world, the world would love his own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."  If the world has no problem being around you, my friend, you need to ask yourself, "Is God my Father or is Satan my father?" 

Saturday, May 4

Saturday we took Kayden and Jaxon to a birthday party for
the son of Mark's good friend, Bernard.

Our friend, Joey, stayed to complete the wiring of the shed.

After we got back home it began to rain!  And it was a downpour!  
A HEAVY downpour!  It started blowing into the deck, so we had to
move in doors.  This picture shows how hard it was raining.
A whiteout!


Sunday, May 5

On our way to church this morning.

Clouds on the way to church in the evening.

Rain began moving out about the time we left for church
this evening.  We could have ridden the bike.

At church we saw "Bill and Hillary," Tim's names for these
Canadian geese for the "crap" they leave everywhere they go, LOL!
Our granddaughter, Abby, calls them Billary and Hillary!  Liz
said she calls all Canadian geese that when she sees them.



After church.  More blue sky!  Love the contrast between the clouds!

Have a great week!

No comments: