Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 10, 2019

Tada!

Today Ilene and I went to a couple of yard sales and hoped to see a few unadvertised ones along the way, but not so much.  We went to Mega Thrift and then went to Dairi-O for lunch.  Ilene had never eaten there.  I was surprised!  She loved her hot dog!  I love the BBQ!


After lunch we went to the grocery store, took them back to her house and then I headed home.  I put my groceries away and then headed to the shed to do some more reorganizing and cleaning up.

Noah is going to spend the weekend with us.  Mark had him helping with some outside work.  After supper, they invaded my shed!

I think I am ready to begin doing some playing!  WOOHOO!!  Noah thinks I need a few more books, LOL!  You can see the beautiful lighthouse painting my granddaughter, Hannah, gave to me.  I'm ready to have her play in my shed with me!
TADA!  Here's the current look.....


You can see the outlet for the AC between the 2 cabinets below the window in the back.

I will be weeding out and continually reorganizing as I go along, but now I can start playing!

We sat around the lighted citronella candles and enjoyed the mild temperature of the evening.

My lap buddy.

Since Sunday is Mother's Day, I changed my profile picture on Facebook.  This picture was taken at Christmas in 1956.  We were at our close friends' home, the Schmaltzes, in Osgood, Indiana.  I was about 14 months old.  Mom was pregnant with my brother who was born the following April.  I love this picture of mom and me.  Miss her!  Happy Mother's Day to you in heaven, mom!  Can't wait to see you again!

Tomorrow I will go to Salisbury and enjoy a Mother Daughter Banquet with my daughter, Elisabeth, and her daughters, Hannah and Abby.  Wish my oldest daughter, Jessica, could be here, too!
Thank You, LORD, for the blessing of being a mother!  Thank You, most of all, for fixing all of my mothering blunders!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I LOVE your shed! You did a wonderful job!

Happy Mother's Day. :-*