Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 9, 2019

It IS Finished!!!

I spent the day with Ilene today.  We began with brunch at Cagney's.  We both ate a HUGE breakfast!  Two scrambled eggs, 2 grilled pork tenderloins, biscuit and gravy!  WOW!!  I didn't eat again until 8 tonight.....oats!

After we ate breakfast we went to a yard sale and searched for some more, but didn't happen upon any, so we went back to the house.

It was so nice that we sat out on the front porch and just enjoyed the afternoon.


I left for home at 3 so I would be home by the time Mark got home. 

Our friend, Joey, came to complete the last 10 minutes of the electrical installation to the craft shed!  YAY!!!  It is FINISHED!!!  Now I just have to put it back together, with a few changes to allow for the electrical wires and outlets that were installed.

See the light in the ceiling?  YAY!


I got pictures of two additional visitors to the bird feeders this afternoon.

A new visitor, the male American Gold Finch, eating
with the chipping sparrow.


Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal


Mark taking Piper for a stroll

Male house finch.


I don't think I've been able to get a picture of
a chickadee yet, even though they have been at
the feeder before today.

Another visitor I've not seen before today, the Titmouse!

Thank You, LORD, for Your MANY, many blessings; much more than I deserve!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I sure love seeing your bird pictures! And I am so glad your shed has electricity. So exciting. :-)

I'm glad you are well enough to go out and eat a big breakfast. What a great day!