Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Crafting

Well, the shed is organized enough that I can do some crafting finally!  You may remember that I started this project before Tim got so sick.  It was still sitting in the "scrapbook" room at the parsonage until a month or so ago.  "Time to finish it," Mark said when he saw it and I explained what it was.
After the paint drys, I will remove the painter's
tape, seal it, and I think I will be done,
unless I decide to do some stenciling on
the plain sides.  We shall see!

Mark was trimming some brush along the edge of
the property when he uncovered some of these plants.
The leaves are prickly like holly and have these
beautiful blue berries!  
Wikipedia says they are Mahonia aquifolium.
You can read about it HERE.

The berries are beautiful!

Not only the heavens declare the glory and handiwork of God (Psalm 19:1), but the earth does, too! 
Psalm 24:1 "The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof"

Thank You, LORD, for making Your glory and handiwork manifest to us day by day!

No comments: