Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 3, 2019

Much Better Now!

I felt much better today!  I ate an egg and cheese sandwich for lunch and Mark and I went to Ruby Tuesday tonight for supper and I had a hamburger and French fries.  Then tonight I was able to eat a pudding snack.  Thank You, LORD!

I took a probiotic capsule this morning without taking my heartburn medicine.  I was seeing if the probiotic would help my stomach by working on the acid.  It was about 4 before the heartburn began, so I took one instead of 2 ranitidine tablets.  That is a good thing, as long as I don't wake up tonight with heartburn.

I went to Ilene's for a couple of hours today.  I felt the need to get out of the house since I have felt so bad the last week and didn't go much of anywhere.

After we got home from Ruby Tuesday, I did some laundry and Mark worked outside.  Then we took a bike ride.  He took me all around the back roads.  It was a great ride!  The rain clouds began to move into the area but it sure cooled the air down nicely!  After we got home we enjoyed sitting on the deck with citronella candles burning. 

Loved the clouds as we drove to Thomasville for supper.

Waiting on our food.

The citronella candles.  The overhead lights I put up
make it pretty bright on the deck at night.

Tomorrow our friend comes to finish the electrical job to the craft shed!  YAY!!  The last necessary item to install is air conditioning!  A heater will come later!

Hope you and yours have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello sister Vicky. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a Pastor's wife. It was a blessing to go through the prayer quote at the beginning of your blog post. I loe getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encourged, strengthened and praying for one another. I get more encouraged and inspired when I come across and get connected with Pastors and their families irrespective of their denominational background. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I will be coming to the United States in the month of July 2019 and will be so glad to stop by your town and meet Pastor. God's richest blessings on you, your family and the ministry.