Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Praising the Lord!

I  did not take my last antibiotic capsule last night!  Got up this morning, took my Ranitidine as usual and waited for an hour or so before I decided I could wait no longer to eat something!  That I was hungry and WANTED to eat is a big plus!  I just did not feel like eating with the nausea that the antibiotic caused.  Praise the LORD!  I'm ready to eat!!!

Even though I was hungry, I did NOT want to gorge myself! 
So, I started out lightly with a fried egg.

I got dressed, went outside and watered my hanging plants and clematis.  Then I worked on the dishes.  By the time I was done, the egg was hitting the bottom of my stomach, LOL!  So, I finished up the dishes and took myself to the recliner to let the egg settle and digest.  So, I decided to watch some art videos that I was behind on.

By 2:00 everything had settled down and my belly was growling fiercely!  So, I decided to start supper.  I cut up a pepper, some onion and added some Lemon pepper seasoning to the chicken breast I cut up.  Cooked it in olive oil until done and fixed some mixed veggies.  Mark and I eat so differently that I decided I would just steal a couple pieces of the chicken and some of the pepper and onions and go ahead and eat!

Anything you fix with green peppers and onions is gonna be BETTER!!

It was YUMMY!!!

Mark got home from work and went to get the tractor from his daughter's to do some more work on the driveway.  He usually will do the work around the house before he retires for the evening and comes in for his shower, then to eat and then relax in the recliner the rest of the evening!  He is such a hard worker! 

Working on the pile.





We will have a nice area for parking once it is done!  Thank You, LORD, for giving Mark the strength to work!

No comments: