Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mother Daughter Banquet

Elisabeth invited me to attend a Mother Daughter Banquet at her church today.  Thank you, Elisabeth!  I had a great time all day today with you!

The meal was fixed by her pastor!  There were games, a devotion, prizes, a singing special and flute special.  It was a nice time!
With Hannah and Elisabeth

Beautiful decorations


Abby got there just in time for the meal.  She had a soccer game this morning.
But her daddy saw to it she got there, dressed for the occasion!

Hannah and her friends singing a special.

Time for the JOY devotion by a young pastor's wife.


After the banquet, we went back to Elisabeth's house and changed clothes.  Then we (she and I) went to some thrift stores.....rain and all, lol!  We actually got cold!

Then Liz treated us to supper at Cracker Barrel for Mother's Day!  Thank you so much, sweetie!  I pray you have a wonderful Mother's Day, too!


As you are reading this on Mother's Day, I want to wish my forever mother-in-law, Jeanne, a wonderfully blessed Mother's Day!

Also, I want to wish my daughters, Jessica Ann and Elisabeth, and Jessica and Cheryl a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day, too!  I'm so thankful for all of the grandchildren you have given to me!

Also, wishing Mark's daughters a wonderful Mother's Day!

And, I wish every mother who reads my blog a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day!

Love to all!

No comments: