Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sunflowers and Birthday Celebration and Remembrances

Saturday, August 31st
We (our church and others) celebrated the one-year birthday of "our" little Miss Elliot Fleshman, AKA Ellie.  She actually turned one on the 27th.  We have had the joy of watching her grow over the last year.  She is the granddaughter of Joy and Bobby.

The Star of the Show, Miss Ellie!  Such a cutie!


LOVE this sunflower cake!
This is the one she would get to play in.
I didn't get a picture of that, but she didn't
make a very big mess.

Cute cupcakes to match the cake.

 Mommy and big brother helping Ellie open gifts.

Our gift to Ellie.
She got lots of books, toys, clothes.
We also donated some money towards the purchase
of a car seat that will grow with Ellie!

Family and Friends

Grandma is recording Ellie while daddy looks on
from behind the table.


After we got home from the party, Mark grilled our pork chops and we packed up things to go to the woods.  We installed the citronella bamboo poles, started a fire (not that we needed it with the heat of the day!) for the ambiance, set the TV table and sat down to eat in our lovely surroundings!



The pork chops were delicious and so was the potato salad!

Mark had a couple of mosquitoes to land on him, but for the most
part, we were bug free while we ate!  We are going to get
some more of the poles to spread around the area.  But, soon
we won't need to worry about the bugs, anyway.

The last of the embers before Marked doused them with
water before we headed to the house.

We are thinking about making that clearing into a play
area for the kids by adding some swings, etc.
Lots of plans for the future!

Another wonderful day of blessings from the Lord!  Thank You, Lord, for Your abundant blessings!

Sunday, September 1st
I fixed breakfast this morning for a change.....bacon and scrambled eggs and toast.  The church serves donuts and drinks, but with Mark being diabetic, he doesn't need to eat sweets, even though that is what we normally do.  But he has a doctor's appointment to check his blood sugar in a couple of weeks, so he has to be extremely good!


Earlier this year, we voted to dismiss Sunday School because not many people were coming.  And we don't have children coming except for every once in awhile, like when grandkids are visiting for the weekend.  So, we decided to meet in the fellowship hall at 10:15 for refreshments and fellowship.  And, if some kids show up, Sharon and I are available to teach.  Which means that we must have a Sunday school lesson always ready, which is no problem.  Mostly, we know in advance when we are going to have kids showing up.  For me, it is usually my grandkids or her grandkids.  For Sharon, it is usually her sister's grandkids.  We rarely, if ever, have someone show up that we were not expecting.  Eventually, little Miss Ellie will be ready to begin going to Sunday school!

Lord, bless our church with people who are serious about serving You!

A year ago today, Mark and I celebrated our wedding with the reception of family and friends from near and far!  It is so hard to believe it has been a year already!  Here are the pictures of remembrance!  Enjoy!

















































That was a fun review of the pictures taken during the reception.  Thanks, once again, to all of you who attended!  We love you all!

I tried something new this  evening....corn baked in the oven in the husk.  I can't believe I have spent all my life shucking corn and picking all the silk off! Never again! Put it in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.  Use oven mitts to peel the husk away. Best part, besides the eating,  is the way the silk peels away with the husk! Yummy!



I bought enough corn to have more tomorrow!

Have a safe and wonderful Labor Day holiday tomorrow!

No comments: