Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AWE-SUMMM AWARD!

I'm almost late for church, but I just discovered an Awe-Summm Award I had been given by Karabeth of "On a High Hill" blogspot. Click on her name to check out her blog! Leave her some love! I'll be back later to tell you more about it! For now, just admire the award!

In accordance with the rules of the award, I must post 7 things that are awe-summm about myself and pick 7 people whose blogs I find awe-summm. So here goes...

Seven things that are awesome about me:

  1. I am a child of the King. That is the most awesome thing about me and it also means that I'm not awesome after all. The God I serve is AWEsome, though, and because of the price He paid and the grace He has shown me I can be His child. Any crowns that come my way will be cast at His feet because I'm covered in His AWEsomeness. (Yes, I copied this from Karabeth as I could NOT have said it any better!) I will just add that it is just such an awesome thing to be a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
  2. I am a pastor's wife and just LOVE it! I feel so privileged and at the same time don't understand how it could be that God would choose a sinner like me to fulfill the role of being the help meet to one of His called preacher-servants!
  3. I'm the mother of two wonderful girls and two fantastic boys, and the grandmother of two wonderful little girls and two fantastic little boys (and am patiently waiting on more to be added as the Lord sees fit!).
  4. I am the (awe-summm) mother-in-law of two wonderful girls and two fantastic guys and am so thankful the Lord brought them into the lives of my children!
  5. I love the technology of the internet that brought me and digital scrapbooking together! It is another avenue for me to share my faith and be an encouragement to others. I think that is very awe-summm!
  6. I don't consider myself to be an awe-summm blogger, but working the Project 365 has helped tremendously! And, blogging is sure addicting!
  7. God gave me an awe-summm gift of being creative and artistic to a degree. Now, if I could just find more hours in the day to work up all of this creativity!


Seven people who I think are awesome bloggers:
1. Patti Senter aka NW Lady for her awe-summm project 365 pictures at her blog "Reflections of My Year".
2. Karen at "Candid Diversions."
3. Alisha at "Stinkerpot Scraps."

I'll have to get back to you on this one! I'll probably work on this once I am back at home.
I'm still working on this award!

Thanks, once again, Karabeth, for the recognition! You are too kind!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I've never heard you say "awesome" so many times in my entire life!!! I hope you guys are having a great time with Jess and Mike and Kara and be safe coming home tomorrow. Love you guys