Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me and all of you who are mothers. I hope you were able to spend time with your children today!

Last year, on Mother's Day, the girls organized a surprise get-together for me. It was very special and meant alot to me to have my children all together and with me on that special day of the year. As it turned out, DH had just resigned from the pastorate of the Buffalo Baptist Church the week before, so it would be the last Mother's Day we would celebrate together in West Virginia. This year, in North Carolina, no children were able to be with me. But each of them contacted me by sending cards, gifts or making a phone call, or both!

Life is just that way sometimes, isn't it? When the kids are grown and living their lives in different parts of the country, you just can't always get together when you want to. Especially being in the Lord's work, which is the priority of a pastor. And even more so when it is his bread and butter! But, you know what? I wouldn't trade occupations for anything! I love being a pastor's wife (a stay-at-home pastor's wife, especially!). Every day is different! Every day there is a blessing to be found!

Kit: Whisper of Spring by Cindy Ritter. Font is Cooper Lt. Click on the layout to go to the kit in Cindy's store at Digitals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...sorry they couldn't be with you. Love the bracelet!