Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22, 2009

WHEW! Today was a busy day and passed rather quickly! Started off with swimming lessons for Kara. She is doing so well, too! There will be pages posted later for this. By the time we got home it was time for lunch. Then it was time for Kara to take her nap. During that time, we watched a movie and played Euchre. After Kara woke up, she and I played and read books and played in her play room. Before long it was time for supper. Michael and Jessica treated us out for a meal at Olive Garden! YUM! Love their salad and bread sticks! After dinner we went to a nature preserve where Kara, Michael and Tim did some fishing, but didn't catch anything but a bunch of swamp scum and lily pads! By the time we got home it was time to give Kara a bath and get ready for bed. After I finished reading her books to her for bed time, the rest of us played more Euchre.

But, before any of the above took place, we decided to get a picture of all of us girls!
Kit: Love Sweetly by Christine Smith. Click on the page for the link to the kit (which is currently 25% off!) in her store at Digitals. Fonts used are Brock Script and Bernhard.

4 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Looks like you girls are having fun! Enjoy!

(How do you play euchre?)

jessicaday said...

We had a blast!!! Thanks for making it such a great weekend!

Elisabeth said...

sounds like a lot of fun. Wish we hadn't missed it but I'm glad Kara got some one on one time with grandma and grandpa!!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet!