Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28, 2009

Today is DH's day off from church work, as is every Thursday. We try to get away and do some exploring, but it doesn't always happen, lol! We checked the internet for some things to do in Charlotte, NC but nothing suited our fancy. I sent an e-mail to some ladies from our church and they told us of the same places we had found on the internet. So we thought we would just drive there and do some shopping somewhere. Knowing DH's love for books, I thot he would enjoy hitting some of the used bookstores, so I found the names and addresses of several and we headed out. We were backing out of the car port when he said, "You know what I really would like to do is find a pair of shoes at a thrift store today." So I said, "Well, it will only take a few minutes to look them up on the internet, especially since we are actually leaving a few minutes before the scheduled departure time." So, we went back into the house and found a list of about 10 thrift stores and headed out on our journey. We had a good time and the trip was a success as DH found a pair of shoes! AND.....I found 2 pairs of shoes, a computer bag and a lampshade for less money than he paid for his shoes! TADA! A successful trip for both of us! Plus, he bought my lunch! Now, how much better can it get than that! And, we are just doing left overs for supper, so I feel like it has been a day off for me, too!

Kit: Enchanted Forrest Add-On, Alessandra Designs current daily download at Digitals. Click on the layout to find it in the store at Digitals. Font: Bernhardt Tango BT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay those are defintely "interesting" signs!!! The flowers are GORGEOUS! I love flowers so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 28 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 29 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).