Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 24, 2009

To Address a couple of recent Comments.......

Karabeth, Euchre is a card game. The object of the game is to try to obtain at least 3 tricks per round of play (winning 3 hands out of 5) which gives you 1 point. You earn 2 points if you get 5 tricks (winning 5 hands out of 5). It is played with 2 teams of 2 players for each team. The winning team will be the team to reach 10 points first. An excellent explanation of this game is found HERE.

Elisabeth, I usually refrain from using the word "awesome" very much unless I am referring to God who is the only One who deserves this title. But, I was keeping in sync with the Awe-summ Award that I received! Now that I think about it, I should have used the same spelling as shown above in my "7 Reasons Why...." description. I think I will go back and change that while I am thinking of it!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Thanks for explaining it. I read the how-to also. Sounds too much like Rook to be something I'd be willing to play with the members of my family. (groan)

Vicky said...

YW, Karabeth! I guess it does have a flavor of Rook to it. I haven't played Rook in many years! My parents used to play Rook with some of their friends that lived in Osgood, Indiana where I grew up the first 8 years of my life.