Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

We have had thunderstorm watches and warnings in the area all day. While I was in Walmart, it sounded like you were outside instead of inside, that is how hard it was raining! So, I just tarried a bit til it eased up! But, that was not the end of the rain! Right after dinner tonight, these clouds started rolling across the sky. I am not afraid of storms particularly. The only time I get a bit of a twinge in my gut is when the sky looks ominous and the threat of tornadoes is evident! But, even at that, the twinge is not nearly the way it used to be back in the 70's after our house was destroyed by a tornado in KY in 1974. I didn't like Spring to roll around on the calendar because of the severe weather that is usually possible with the changing temperatures. So, I thought of the song, "Til the Storm Passes By" today. It is amazing how calm you can be in a storm when you know you are in the palm of God's hand and you realize that nothing is going to happen to you that He has not already approved because He knows what you can handle! And that thought made me think of another song, Trusting Jesus (artist unknown). Here is the first verse and the chorus:

Verse 1:
Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Chorus:
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.


Kit: Aunt Ella's Pool by Glenda Ketcham. Click on layout to go to kit in her store at Digitals. Font: Times New Roman.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I didn't realize your house was destroyed in the tornadoes of 1974!

I'm always a bit leary around this time of year as well. But at least here I know when to expect to be under tornado watches and warnings. When we lived in TN the worst ones would hit in Dec. and Jan. It took awhile for me to catch on to the fact that the southern weather was quite a bit different than what I had known growing up.

Thanks for sharing the song. I love that one.