Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Builder of the House

I have been playing around with my newest kit, LORD of the Harvest, today. I'm having so much fun "creating" stuff with it! Here is a poem I found laying around. I don't have any idea where I got it. I don't know the name of the poem, either. I gave it a name I felt as appropriate. The poem speaks volumes!

Then below the poem is my desktop screen saver for October. We send birthday cards to our church attenders/members, so I thought this might be an easy way for me to not forget to send the cards since I am on my computer every day!

Today has been a lazy day for me. I needed to do some cleaning for the evangelist who will be spending the week with us for our revival services next week, but I just couldn't get motivated! So, I played on the computer just about all day! I did get a few things done, like collecting some items to drop off at the Goodwill this Thursday. I did a load of laundry. And I'm getting ready to read (with a snack in hand!).

Tim gave me a "seasonal" quote for the church sign today: "Avoid sin's fruits - stay out of the devil's orchard." Pretty good, huh?!

Let me know what you think of the poem! Have a blessed evening, a restful sleep, and a joyous tomorrow!


No comments: