Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, September 24, 2010

YES! I'm feeling better today!

Hey, Liz! Thanks for sending those prayers heavenward! I have not had to take the excedrine today like I have been! I've had the headache, but it has been very minor! It is getting worse the more tired I get, however! But, progress is being made!!!

On the weather front.....what happened to the cooler temps we had a week or so ago? It has been back up in the 90's again this week! I'm soooooo ready for the cooler weather! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Well, maybe I don't really want it THAT much colder just yet! :) More than cooler temps, we need RAIN! The grass is really brown, crunchy and yucky looking! Even the part that is still somewhat "green" really isn't a nice, bright grassy green!


And, the last treat for today.....PUMPKIN PIE! Yep! Ever since Tim saw pumpkin pie on the menu this weekend at Frischs' Big Boy, he has been in search of it! He wanted to buy a pumpkin pie for the men's meeting on Tuesday, but Walmart did not have any frozen ones! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT????!!!! We looked again yesterday, thinking maybe they were just out of stock before! WRONG!! And, there wasn't even any canned pumpkin to be found in the store!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???!!! That has GOT to be UN-AMERICAN or something!!!

Well, leave it to good ole' Aldi to have the canned pumpkin! I bought 4 cans so I could have it on hand! You know, tis' the season, especially since one has been made it just stands to reason that more will follow! So, FEAST your EYES on THIS . . . . . and I'll be closing now so I can sample the goods! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay the whole pumpkin thing is wierd! My mom has been having trouble finding it. She'd been to two stores and couldn't get it. She asked at one store and they said, "oh we won't have that till the end of October." WHAT?!?!? That's insane! Our Walmart had it because I bought one big can and made a dessert and two loaves of pumpking bread. I'm thinking I need to go buy stock in it or something! lol What in the world!?!?

Elisabeth said...

Ever since I bought my pumpkin B&BW hand soap and candles I have been craving pumpkin pie and a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ. We looked at walmart too and couldn't find them. I ain't making my own, tho so I guess I'll wait! When we come down for Thanksgiving, I'm assuming we are, I'll be expecting a pumpkin pie, mom! =)

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm so sorry you were sick with a headache all week. That sinus garbage is awful!

Speaking of headaches and sinus, I wanted to tell you that Essie came through her surgery with flying colors and is coming home today. When I saw her yesterday I asked how she felt and she said, "Like I have a sinus headache." In her case, that meant she felt pretty good considering she'd just had a brain anyeurism repaired!

I was craving pumpkin a few weeks ago so I made a pumpkin dump cake for our Sunday dessert. It was a big hit so I guess all of my family was craving fall tastes, too. I bought my canned pumpkin at Kroger. (When we lived in TN I grew my own field pumpkins and froze my own pumpkin pulp. Groan!)

Jessica said...

To0 answer your question about pumpkin...drum roll please....there is a pumpkin shortage this year! Not sure if it is true but I have been hearing that around here so it would make sense since no one can find canned pumpkin. Apparently pumpkins didn't grow so well last year so canned pumpkin is hard to find this year....if they say so!