Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's a REAL Pain!!!

So, I've had the same headache since last Saturday's loo-loo during the Omnimax/Museum Center visit in Cincinnati! I just keep popping the migraine pills for the temporary relief that it affords (all of about 1/2-1 hour of relief)! Why don't I go to the Dr, you ask? Because we do NOT have health insurance and I do NOT want to pay $80 for him to tell me I have a sinus infection! And that is ALWAYS the outcome when I have a headache like this!

Anyway, I can tolerate lots of pain (just ask me...I delivered 3 of the 4 babies naturally!) And, the nurse at church tells me that it will go away eventually, if I can take the headache! Well, I have (so far) decided that I can handle the headache for $80! If it gets too serious, I lay down. I pray that it will eventually go away!

For now, however, I took some PM meds and they are starting to kick in, so I'm going to be retiring for the night sooner than later!!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Praying you feel better, mom!