Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Fall, Y'all!

I know some of you are not liking the cooler temperatures of the day, and I must admit that a 25 degree drop does have a way of waking you up! But, here in NC, there was not that drastic of a temperature change, even with the rain! As a matter-of-fact, the AC is set on 75 and it has run about all day and I've been hot! But, that could be just me! Walking across the parking lot to church this morning felt wonderful! A very nice breeze and low humidity! How sweet it was! The sun popped out and got hot this afternoon and then the clouds rolled back in by late afternoon and we got some more much needed rain! It was still misting as I walked back across the parking lot for services tonight. That had all but quit by the time the services were over.

I have been in the mood for fall lately! I don't think the ungodly heat had anything to do with it from this summer............LOL! I really LOVE the fall time of the year, anyway! But, it will be even more welcome this year, for sure, after the summer we have had!

I re-worked a kit this week that I had previously given away on my other blog last year. The kit name is "LORD of the Harvest" and is just a wonderful kit, if I do say so myself! Well, I wanted to play around with it a bit and I remembered the pictures of Kara from her Trunk and Treat last year, so I worked one of the pictures over to delete some of the background, added some shoe tops since her feet were cut off in the picture and I came up with the page below. I'm lovin' that little tractor with the wagon! And I really like the almost leafless tree, too!

OK, that's it for me today. And from the health side of me...........every day the headaches are getting less and less. Now, if I could get rid of this tickle/hack! But, that is nothing compared to the headaches I was having! I'll take the hack, thank you very much!

Have a blessed week everyone!

No comments: