Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 20, 2010

Proving MY Remembrance BETTER than the Girls'

I know! This is the 2nd post for the day...........but I just HAD to prove to the girls that I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

The argument:
The girls say, "The house in Addyston was BLUE with BLUE shutter, BLUE porch.....we even had a BLUE van! EVERYTHING was BLUE!"

I say, "NOPE! The house was WHITE with BLUE shutters!"

Now, I think you will agree after reviewing these UNPHOTOSHOPPED pictures that ALMOST EVERYTHING WAS in fact BLUE..............EXCEPT the OUTSIDE of the house!


This picture is for Nat because we were talking about these bookshelves of Tim's.

OK, This is the livingroom.....it was BLUE!
Another wall and window in the livingroom. Once again...........BLUE wall, BLUE curtains.
Diningroom.............BLUE walls, but also some patterned WHITE wall paper.

Michael and Nat's bedroom upstairs. It was mostly YELLOW! However, it was going to be BLUE (you can see that the ceiling in the dormer to the right was BLUE), but we never did finish their room!And, last but not least.................Elisabeth standing on the BLUE porch with BLUE window trim, and...................A WHITE HOUSE!!!

Case dismissed! And EVEN THO you doubted my word............I still LOVE you! :P

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That's funny. I think most of the rooms in our home growning up were blue as well. It's just a great color :)

Elisabeth said...

How do we know that's our house I'm standing in front of?!

jessicaday said...

I think that picture of Liz looks more like Ryan than Hannah. Wow!

Vicky said...

Well, Liz! If you cannot tell that you are standing on the front porch of the house in Addyston, then OBVIOUSLY your memory is NOT as good as you think! :P

Kimberly Pitman said...

Children hate for their parents to be right. ;)

And yes, as our Lisa has pointed out, most of the interior of our house was also blue when they were growing up. There's where the similarity ends, though, as ours was brick. The only thing theyd be able to argue about is what color the soffits and shutters were.