Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 20, 2010

More Good Memories.....

We are back from our trip to Cincinnati. We celebrated with the Addyston Baptist Church their 111th anniversary! It was such a great day! We saw LOTS of old friends (some MUCH older than others, too! :) ) Actually, we were surprised to see so many of the older generation still alive and thriving and serving the LORD! What a blessing to see their faithfulness after these 27 years! But, along with the blessing of seeing the faithful was a sort of sadness that lots of the others were departed, either physically by death, or physically by spirit, or physically by fellowship.

All in all, it was a great day! We also enjoyed the company of our daughters and their families in the services. They went away with much the same feeling as I from seeing old friends and getting re-acquainted with others.

After the services in the afternoon, Elisabeth and company went home to WV because of Hannah needing to get in bed (normally by 7) for school. They did not arrive home til around 8:30, but Hannah was in a pretty good mood this morning, even with being shy a few winks!

Jessica and company followed Tim and I to his dad's house and then to his mom's house so they could see the baby, who is growing like a weed! Sawyer turns 3 months tomorrow! WOW! Where did the summer go! But, wherever it went, I'm glad it is going because it was a HOT one!

Anyway, by the time we finished our visits with the great grandparents it was going on 8 p.m. So, it was later than we really had planned on arriving in Buffalo, WV to spend the night with our daughter before heading back to NC today.

Tim took his blind friend, Anthony, to breakfast at Bob Evans. Liz, Ryan and I went to some Goodwills, Dollar Tree and then grabbed some lunch and took it to Krodel park so Ryan could play. It was a beautiful day! We got back to the house at 12:30. Tim had the car loaded and we took off to NC, arriving somewhere between 5:15 and 5:30.

We unloaded the car, put things away and are catching up on e-mail, etc. YEP! It was a great weekend!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend (I made them small b'cuz I thot they would upload quicker - so click on them to see them bigger):


When we arrived at Liz and Brad's on Friday, Nat and Cheryl were there and Brad was helping Nat with a car problem. After they were done, Nat played with the kids.
We traveled to Cincinnati on Saturday and went to the Museum Center to an Omni Max show and the other museums. This is the Cincinnati History museum. The kids (all of us) were fascinated with the miniature display of Cincinnati from the early 1900's.
On the way to church from the hotel, we rode the Anderson Ferry. I have a picture like this one of Hannah and Ryan for Jessica and Michael.
This dear lady is known as Miss Essie. When we were working at Addyston Baptist Church in the 80's, Miss Essie and her husband sat in the balcony because Leon was in charge of the sound system. Miss Essie always had kids sitting by her (our included) and they were treated to hard candy! So, here she is a generation later holding the baby of one of her balcony babies!
This gives you an idea of the size of the ABC auditorium. Tim preached the morning services and here is preaching during the afternoon services after the meal.
We rode the ferry back across the river to go to Tim's dad's house in Hebron, KY.
What a sweet smile Sawyer has!
Sawyer was in the happiest mood all afternoon! Just grinning and chewing on his fists!

After visiting Tim's dad and Reba, we headed back up over the hill to take I-275 to Tim's mom's house in Latonia, KY. Look at that precious, smiling face!
Not too many smiles on this precious face!
A big smile from this happy grandma!
Today, we took our lunch of LJS (for Liz and me) and Wendy's (for Ryan) to Krodel Park.
Ryan threw some french fries to the fish.

The End!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

It was such a blessing to see you! Thanks so much for coming and spending the time with us.

I know how those walks down memory lane can be. We experience all those same emotions you mentioned whenever we go back to visit our former church in TN. Many of them have scattered to the winds and even though we communicate with many of them regularly through FB or greeting cards we can't remember who is still in the church and who has moved on to other ones until we actually go there.