Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Memories.....some good.....some bad.....

Good Memories - The Best Blessed Couple on Planet Earth

Yes, I am talking about Tim and me being the best blessed couple. The Lord has blessed us over and above everything we could have imagined. To list a few:
1. Salvation
2. Shared faith
3. Shared life
4. Wonderful children
5. Wonderful children-in-law
6. Wonderful grandchildren
7. Wonderful home
8. Wonderful church
9. Wonderful ministry friends
10. Love and Loyalty to and for one another



Good Memories - Do you know what this item is?
Take a guess! Give it your best shot! I'll be back with another picture tomorrow and an explanation and a story.
Bad Memories - Death Camp
It is weird the things that go through your mind at times. Like today at the Carolina Thrift Store in High Point I saw this pile of naked Barbie bodies. And for whatever reason, the scene took me back some 60+ years ago (I wasn't even alive then) to the Nazi death camps. The slaughter of God's chosen people. The torture. The inhumane treatment. The abuse. The afflictions they suffered needlessly at the hands of a mad man! Only to end up dead and thrown onto a pile of dead bodies. How sad! How many of them reached out a hand for help, like the one Barbie doll just left of the center of the pile, only to be ignored and shunned.


Those are my thoughts from today. Thank God for His blessings and watch care over you each and every day!

3 comments:

jessicaday said...

I'm guessing the picture is an old baby changing table????

Elisabeth said...

my first thought was a clothes hamper.

Judith said...

I'm going with a changing table, too. And, V, I loved your post on the Barbie dolls......