Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Preacher and His Preaching

God.  He gets a hold on His chosen ones and does not forsake them!  The work He has for them to do, He sees to it that they complete it.

This man.  God got a hold on him when he was 17 years old and He has been working on him ever since!  The surgery did not keep him down.  He was in the office studying and preparing for today and for preaching at the next Preacher's Fellowship on Nov. 28th.  He also taught the Adult Sunday school class which was out of the norm.

This man.  With his home vac unit and hose running from the surgery site, preached from Psalm 103:1-5 about our benefits from God as His children.  They are too numerous to count.  But it would do us all good to take a sheet of paper and name them, one by one!  It will surprise you what the Lord has done!

He brought out 3 points in this morning's message entitled, "Forget Not All His Benefits."
1.  Thanksgiving Involves Rejoicing
2.  Thanksgiving Involves Remembering
3.  Thanksgiving Involves Recounting

If you would like to listen to the message, click on the link below and click on "Resources" on the left and then click on "Sunday Morning."  The message should be at the very top.  Forget Not All His Benefits

Gratitude is a God-honoring Attitude.  I pray that you will think about the things you have to be thankful for, especially this Thanksgiving week!


Tomorrow is the follow-up with the reconstructive doctor who did the skin grafts.  Tim's left leg, where the skin was taken from, hurts more than the surgery site.  I am praying that is not a bad thing!  We were instructed NOT to change the bandage.  So, I pray there is no infection.  However, he has not run any fever, so that is a good indication that there is not.  Plus he has been on anti-biotic medicine this week.  He is hoping that the sponge, hose and vac will be done away with tomorrow and that he will be able to resume driving privileges.  I pray so, too!

This will be another busy week!  Be blessed and be a blessing to someone everyday!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It sounds like you are going through some rough times with your husband's health, but that you are positive and doing well overall. Good to catch up with you briefly again.