Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Goin' to the Chapel.....

Today we went to the Rockwell Christian School where Hannah, Ryan and Abby attend and Elisabeth is an aid for the Kindergarten class.  Tim preached in the chapel.  8:30 a.m. was the elementary chapel, grades K - 5.  2:15 p.m. was the High School chapel, grades 6 - 12.

Half of the elementary

The other half of elementary

Tim beginning his message on the tongue.

Asking for volunteers.

Half of the High School chapel.

Other half of the High School chapel

Tim beginning his message on David Behaving Himself Wisely.
All of the kids were very attentive and quiet!  It was a pleasure being there!  They all shook his hand afterwards.


When we first got there this morning, we saw the largest flock of geese flying.  Their "V" was not too well organized and I don't see how that many could possibly do one effectively.


In between the morning chapel and afternoon chapel, we went to the thrifts in the area.  And we ate at Biscuitville for the first time.  We arrived back at the school at 2:00, just when the kids were beginning to go into the chapel.

Tonight at church we had our quarterly business meeting and the church voted to buy the other hearing aid for Tim.  Medicaid paid for the first one, which is on loan to him for 6 years.  Also, the church gave Tim $500 for Pastor Appreciation.

Here are the pages I got done in Jessica's album tonight after church:
Very first page giving the details of her birth.

What a handsome young man!

Precious!

OK.  That's it for me.  After getting up 2 1/2 hours earlier today it is time for bed!  Here's one last parting shot:
Today's photo after we got home from church tonight.

No comments: