Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pre-Op Assessments

Next Monday is Tim's surgery to remove the tumor that is the biggest it has been since we started bandaging it almost 2 years ago.  While the current meds are keeping most of the melanoma at bay, this one stubborn lump that came through the skin nearly 2 years ago and the one under the skin next to it are growing like gang busters.  Finally, at the doctor's visit in September, he agreed to have the surgical oncologist take a look at it to see if he could do surgery to remove it for patient comfort's sake.

So, today was the pre-op assessment and a visit with the plastic surgeon who will be standing by to do a skin graft if Dr. Shen determines it is necessary.  However, it could be that a collagen bandage will be put over the site for a couple of weeks to begin the process.  I think.  I'm not really sure as I didn't understand all that the doctor was talking about today.  BUT, the good news is that come Monday, we will no longer have to keep bandaging morning and night..........Lord willing!

The appt. was for 8:30, so we ate breakfast at Hardee's on the way in.  We allowed ourselves too much time, but that's OK.  At least we were not late!

It rained a little this morning before we left.  This is looking out over one of the parking decks of the hospital.  This is a HUGE hospital complex with 3 different towers besides the cancer center and the children's center.  But, we usually don't have any trouble finding our way around.  We were in 2 of the 3 towers today, plus had to pick up Tim's meds in the Cancer center pharmacy.

 The only thing I will say about today's crockpot meal is that I did not like it.

I decided to wait until tomorrow to mop the floors and clean Tim's bathroom as the final chores to get ready for the visiting preacher.  I still have to get a few groceries, too, and bake the pumpkin pie.  Instead of my usual pork roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot meal, I bought frozen Skyline to have for dinner tomorrow night!  YUM!

So, after being at the hospital all morning, this afternoon I worked on straightening my computer room by putting things where they belonged, throwing out things I didn't want to take the time to mess with, organized a few things, etc.  And after I finish this post I am going to work on Jessica's baby album some more.

As I was cleaning my computer room, this is one of the items I H.A.T.E.D. to get rid of.......my 12" scrapbooking printer that I bought back in 2005 or 2006.  But, the inking was messed up and ink was leaking out all over the place!  But, I think I got my money's worth out of it!  :D  And, there are no current drivers, anyway, to make it work with the computer Michael gave to me.  So, now it is deposited outside in the junk corner for the next "BIG ITEMS" garbage pickup next year.  :(


This is the ink that was leaking out of the printer.  Fortunately, it was water-soluble ink, so I was able to clean it all up.
OK, that's it for me today til tomorrow.  I thought I would probably have to go to bed early tonight since Tim and I were up til 1:30 watching election coverage and then up again at 6:15 to get ready to go to the hospital.  BUT, I'm not sleepy!  So, now I'll work on Jessica's album!

Til tomorrow!

No comments: