Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, November 4, 2016

Pilot Mountain

I wanted to make this post last night, but I got sick to my stomach again at around 8 and was in bed at 8:30.  I knew it was going to be a long night of feeling sick and having to get out of bed and rush to the bathroom.  It is the weirdest thing, this whatever I have.  Most times when I am sick to my stomach, I feel near normal again after the bowel movements have ended, including diarrhea, usually.  So, today I mostly drank tea and gatorade.  I had a banana around 2 p.m. and then ate a baked sweet potato for dinner at 5.  About 1 1/2 hours later I was nauseous again.  No bowel movements, however (probably because I hardly ate anything).  Just can't figure it out.  My follow-up with the digestive health people is November 28.  I sure hope she can tell me what is going on or what we can try next to figure it out!

So, anyway, Tim and I traveled north yesterday, Thursday, his day off, to do some thrifting.  Our main goal was to go to Pilot Mountain as Tim was hoping to get a good picture for the backdrop to his phone, iPad and computer.  So, we had decided to stop at the King Goodwill on the way, which we did.  Our first stop at Pilot Mountain, however, proved to have the sun in the wrong position for good pictures.  So we headed to Mt. Airy's Goodwill and ate lunch at Subway for National Sandwich Day's BOGO deal.



Then we were going to head to Galax, VA's Goodwill.  But, that did not happen.  After lunch we headed back to Pilot Mountain and then Tim wanted to get back home to get some work done since he was out of the office all day on Wednesday.

Here are some photos from our day:

As you can see, it was pretty hazy up there.  However, some of the haze was from the windshield.

The drive up the mountain to the top.



LOVE that red tree!  This was taken on top of the mountain.

And, it was hazy.

Add caption


Our second trip.

Looking at the knob from one of the observation posts.

Still pretty hazy.  Sometimes you can see downtown Winston from here which is about 20 miles away, I believe.

Not much color left.  We really waited too late for getting colorful photos.



This would have been a decent photo if my big hand wasn't in the way!  :D






Love that fence!



Back down the mountain we go.


A picture of the entrance to the park.


We got back home and I helped Tim take the AC out of his window in his office at the church.  Then I worked on weeding the flower beds in front of the house.  It looked like a hay field!  I should have taken my blue jeans off and put some capris on because I got too hot!  I always get very red-faced when I get too hot.


So, to try to ward off the headache from getting any worse, I took some tylenol, changed clothes, took off my socks and shoes and flopped in a chair to chill out!


I finally got cooled off, but it was too late for the headache.  I had it the rest of the evening and woke up with it this morning.

Tim asked me what I was in the mood to eat for dinner last night.  I wanted fried chicken, but not KFC.  So, we headed up the street to Cagney's.  Well, the pork chops sounded better than chicken, so that is what we both ordered.

Delicious!  Tim got the same thing, but fried squash instead of green beans.
After we got home around 7:00 or after, I cleaned up the dishes in the kitchen.  Then sat down to do some reading, but started feeling so sick that I chucked that idea and went to bed.

Tomorrow, Saturday, we will head back to Rockwell Christian School for their Fall Festival.  We are going to watch Hannah, Ryan and Abby while Elisabeth and Brad work the booths.  It will be like a little carnival and they are selling tickets for a chicken or pork BBQ dinner.  Liz bought ours.  The kids will have tickets for the carnival part.  At 7:30 they begin drawing names for winners of different prizes.  Last year Hannah won $100!  Then at 8:00, the party is over and we will head home.  I'm thinking it is gonna get chilly after the sun goes down!  Tomorrow is supposed to be 20 degrees cooler than today!  YIKES!  We are supposed to wake up to 40 degrees!  BRRRRRR!

A few more pictures of a couple of the grandkids:

Awana Derby Car Races at Rockwell Christian.  The judges.  Abby going to get her prize.

Abby won 2nd place!
Abby said, "Do you think they will think I'm a statue?"  :D

Last but not least, sweet little Thad.  Picked this flower for mommy.  He always wants to make someone happy!

Here's to feeling better tomorrow!

No comments: