Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Give Thanks

I am thankful for.......
my Savior
my salvation
my husband
my children
my children's spouses
my grandchildren
my siblings and their families
my in-laws
my church
my church family
a free country
and that is just the beginning..................

Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Give Thanks with a grateful heart!
Give Thanks to the Holy One!
Give Thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son!

1 Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

1 Chronicles 16:34
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 30:4
Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalm 30:12
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Psalm 35:18
I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

Psalm 75:1
To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.

Psalm 79:13
So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.

Psalm 92:1
A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:

Psalm 97:12
Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalm 105:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

Psalm 106:1
Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 106:47
Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.

Psalm 107:1
O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 118:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 118:29
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 119:62
At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.

Psalm 136:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 136:2
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 136:3
O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 136:26
O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 140:13
Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Revelation 11:17
Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

No comments: