Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall Revival Time

Our Fall revival was late this year.  Tim usually schedules it during October, but Brother Troy McGahan could not come in October.  So, here is a recap of those days:

Thursday, Nov. 10
I opted not to go thrifting today so I could put the finishing touches on getting ready for Brother McGahan to arrive and spend the nights of the Revival in the spare bedroom.  I cleaned up the kitchen, swept and mopped the kitchen and dining room floors.  I also did some baking for eating after the services each evening.  Pumpkin pie, cool whip and also cookies.  I also had to get some more groceries.

We had Skyline for dinner.  I found a tub of frozen at Walmart.  I personally did not care for it because it was too runny!  I'll have to buy some more of the Cincinnati Style Chili packets and make my own so I can cook more water off of it.

Friday, Nov. 11
Veterans' Day.  Tim and Brother McGahan went visiting and ate lunch out.  I went to Mega Thrift after they got back because there were 3 different colored tags discounted today.  75%, 50%, and 25%.  I found a few things on discount and a few things that were not discounted.

We went to Gary Mabe's house for a visit.  Politics was the topic.  After we visited with him, Louise and Wayne took the 3 of us out to dinner at K&W.  We got there at a great time!  No long line!  About an hour after I got home, I started getting nauseous, so I took some nausea medicine.  I was feeling a little better by church time, but I sat on the back pew in case I would need to leave.

Saturday, Nov. 12
I had planned to do the laundry (and something else that I cannot remember) while Tim and Bro. McGahan left to go to the ProShots shooting range.  I got one load done and they showed back up stating that 52 was closed at I-40.  Well, Tim tried to take another route, but he never could find his way around.  So, they came back home to get me so I could direct them.  I said, "so, what you are saying is that you are giving me permission to be a back seat driver?"  They said yes, but only this once!  :D  So, I grabbed a magazine to look at while they did there thing.


After they were done, we headed to Gullion's Christian Book Store where they have used books, too.  Then we had lunch at Towne & Country Grille in King, right beside the bookstore.  Trying to take it easy with my stomach, I just had a salad.  Then I ate some pumpkin pie and a few cookies for my dinner after church.  :D

For dinner, Tim took Brother Troy to a new restaurant downtown called Biggs.  They had ribs.  I stayed home.  I worked on my food for the meal at church on Sunday.

Sunday, Nov. 13
Stomach still not 100% so I opted not to eat breakfast.

We had a freeze warning over night and woke up to a temperature of 24!  YIKES!  I had to carry some of my lunch stuff over to the fellowship hall and noticed how the frost was still in the shaded area near the carport.  You can barely see how the frost is just outside of the shadow to look like the shadow is outlined with chalk.  Struck me as interesting.

The rounded shadow was created from Bro. Troy's vehicle.





A little patch of frost underneath the clothesline in the shadow of the tree.

This was a great pie!  The decorating of the top crust was me!  I got the "B" off center.  Oh well!  :D

I was somewhat disappointed in the lack of people showing up for the revival this week.  Brother Troy did a wonderful job on the messages.  I pray the Lord will use them in each of our lives.  These pictures are what I took from the services today.


I was able to eat a pretty normal lunch.  But, I'm feeling it even as I speak!  I didn't eat dinner, but I ate a couple of deviled eggs.  Gone are the days when I could eat a TON of food without it bothering me!

We always have plenty of food!
Bro. Troy got to be first in line!  :D




After the dinner today, I brought all of the silverware and other dirtied dishes and towels and tablecloths home to wash.  I also stripped the bed linen off the guest bed and washed it and the guest bath towels, etc.

First, I changed the church sign.
 
 Next, I washed the dishes I brought home from the dinner.

Then I started the laundry.  Folded the tablecloths and towels from the church.

Last, but not least, remade the guest bed.


OK, tomorrow is another early day as we go to the hospital for Tim's surgery on his chest.  Pray everything goes smooth as silk!

Later!

No comments: