Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Christmas..............

Besides eating, going to the hospital ER for visiting a member's husband, the only thing I did today was work on Christmas gift ordering.  And I'm not done yet!

Tomorrow Tim will be preaching chapel for the elementary and high schoolers at Rockwell Christian where our daughter, Elisabeth, is an aid and Hannah, Ryan and Abby attend.  The chapels are not at the same time, however, so it will be an all day event for us.  But, we plan to do some thrifting in that area in between the chapels and we will be eating lunch out, too!  That is always a good thing!  :D  But it also means I have to get up quite a bit earlier than I normally do, so I think I will read some and then go to bed.

Doubting I get any scrapbooking done tomorrow, either, since we will get back probably just in time to eat and then get ready for church.

Here's a few pictures for your enjoyment.

This was a craft project we did (those who wanted to) at our last ladies meeting.  I thought the sunflower turned out beautifully!

Abby's Vet scrubs and bag Liz had me make for their Community Worker day at school.

It takes a REAL man to wear pink!  Tim is such a good sport with my picture-taking!  :D

One of the last toad stools that came up in the yard earlier in October.

Araya with an arm-full of apples with bites out of them. :)

The Joneses at a Cubs ball game.

Abby's class went to the pumpkin patch.

Kara and one of her kitties, Shiloh.

Our tween, Hannah.  Growing up too fast!  :(

Hannah, Ryan and Abby.

This is probably what they will look like tomorrow for chapel.

I'll have to find some pictures of the other grandkids so Gram can take a looky see.

Later.................................

No comments: