Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Fall Festival

Today was the Fall Festival fund raiser for the Rockwell Christian School where Hannah, Ryan and Abby attend and Elisabeth is an aid.  We bought some tickets to do some of the games.  We did that, following the kids around to the different booths.  Around 4:00 we got in line for food, which Brad and Elisabeth paid for.  Your choice of BBQ chicken or pork, baked beans, slaw, roll, dessert, beverage.  It was very good and there was a lot of food!  Then after we ate, Tim and I took the girls to the park and then back to the house until time to bring them back for the grand prize drawings.  Tim and I left while they all stayed.  Here are some pictures from the activities.

Out under a tree by the horse ride area.

Abby fishing.  Someone sits behind the canvas and waits for the clothespin "lure" to fly over and she attaches a bag of candy to the "lure" and tugs on the line and Abby jerked her catch back over the canvas.

Hay ride.  A beautiful day for one!

We spent Hannah's last tickets to ride.

A look back from the wagon to the horse rides on the left and the church and school in the middle.

These next pictures are of the set up for the festival inside the gym.  This is where everyone ate.

The Cake Walk was played like musical chairs.  There were numbered spots on the floor in a circle.  Everyone had a spot.  The music played while everyone walked the spots around the circle.  When the music stopped, you stood on the spot you hoped they called the number of.  Whoever was on the right number called got to pick out a cake.

The home made goodies tables.

game booth

more game booths.  If you did certain things in the games then you got your name entered into the drawing for the Grand Prizes at the end of the festival.  If not, you got a piece of candy.

more booths

still more booths

The castle is an inflatable jump house.

The place was packed with people!  Liz said they raised $34,000 during last year's Fall Festival!

Riding her scooter at the house.

Hannah roller blading.  Ryan stayed with mom and dad.  He did win a cake on the Cake Walk.

Til tomorrow.

No comments: