Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 15, 2022

For the Birds

For the Birds

Journaling reads:  I made my own suet cakes for the birds.  The chickadees are my most frequent visitors.

A detailed description and links to the products I used are below the layout if you are interested.




Here's a closeup of the suet cakes.  The sunflower seeds floated to the top.......


......and the cornmeal and seeds sank to the bottom.  I made this with a pound of lard and bird seed and added some dried craisins.  I also sprinkled in some cayenne pepper to keep the squirrels away.

So far no stormy weather has moved into the area.  I'm praying if  we do get any weather it doesn't leave us without electricity.  However, if it does, we have a generator and we also have plenty of firewood for the backup stove and we have grills and/or fire pits to cook food.

While I'm thinking of it, CONGRATS to my friends in Ohio, Northern KY and Indiana on the Cincinnati Bengals win tonight!  It's about time!  ;)

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Here's the details about the above layout.

I removed portions of the string holding up the bird feeder and the string of the heart on the fence to make them look like they were wrapped around the tree branch and fence.

I worked with two kits by Emeto Designs

Nostalgic Dream  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-Nostalgic-dream.html

Nostalgic Dream Clusters Part 1  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-Nostalgic-dream-clusters-part-1.html

Nostalgic Dream Clusters Part 2  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-Nostalgic-dream-clusters-part-2.html

Welcome Winter  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-Welcome-winter-by-emeto-designs.html

Welcome Winter Backgrounds  https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-Welcome-winter-backgrounds.html

Font for journaling is Shorelines Script Bold Regular

Font for title is Shelly Regular

Photo is mine

 

 

No comments: