Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 1, 2022

How about that?!  I got the date right on the first try!  Well, probably because I wasn't writing out a check, LOL!  How we got to another year so quickly I will never know!

What did you do on the first day of the new year?  I didn't do much of anything.  Woke up with a bad headache so was in bed until about 11:30 until it eased up enough to begin moving around.  Worked in the kitchen cleaning up while listening to an audiobook.  Then watched some artsy videos on the computer, worked in the checkbook and did some knitting on the new blanket I started a couple of days ago.  Only about 32" to go!

Mark worked outside all day on the sawmill trying to get enough wood cut for building a shelter for the sawmill.  He came in about 5, took his shower, and then by 6 we were eating supper...roasted chicken, roasted veggie mix and baked sweet potatoes. 


Mark and I began another year of reading through the Bible in chronological order.  We listened to someone read Genesis 1-3 and then read the overview from The Bible Recap and answered the questions in the Bible Study from the same group.

Mark and I noticed something we had never seen before in Genesis 2:17 (highlighted in the photo).  When God commanded Adam to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and warned him of the consequences for disobeying, God didn't say "for IF you eat" but "when you eat" you will die.  God knew they were going to disobey.  God already had Plan A (Jesus coming to earth to die for their sin) in place.  He didn't have to figure out a Plan B after they disobeyed!

Just another example of why we need to read God's word over and over and over again!  It shouldn't be a bucket list item to mark off once you've completed the task and then never do it again!  You will ALWAYS see things going through it again and again!


If you haven't started reading your Bible everyday this is the year you need to start!  Just DO IT!  


Tomorrow is my oldest daughter's birthday!  Speaking of the years passing by so quickly, how did 42 years go by so quickly?  I love you, Jessica Ann!  Praying you have an amazing day!  You have made this momma very proud!  I thank God for you!

No comments: