Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Winter Snow

It got warmer yesterday than I thought it was going to get.  LOTS of the snow melted and the snow plows had the road that runs in front of our house cleared.  A few of the back roads as we drove to church today had some icy spots, especially in the areas that are shade-covered for most of the day.  And today is to be in the upper 40's - 50's, I believe, so that should take care of most of the snow!  Yes, it is 45 as we speak!  ;)

Believe it or not, the daffodils have popped through the ground at church!  I'm surprised they didn't die with the frigid temps and snow and ice of the past week!





I love this picture Mark took of the neighbor's cows last Sunday while he was back in our woods.  They sure were curious about him taking their picture!  I'm sure they did not really feel the cold or pay attention to the snow collecting on their backs, but it makes me thankful that I am not a cow!  It's the little things!  ;)  Thank You, LORD!

Praying you have a safe and healthy new week!

Winter Snow



My process by layers:

  1. Solid paper base first
  2. Painted paper next
  3. Photo Masked Photo next
  4. Coffee Stain Circle added over masked photo
  5. Snowy edge next
  6. Clear overlay word art next
  7. Snowflake elements, word strip and beaded word

 

Credits List:

October 2021 Color Play items by Palvinka Designs

First Snow Elements

First Snow Papers

First Snow Overlays and WA

First Snow Photomasks

First Snow Edges

First Snow Solid Papers 

Photo by my husband, Mark Whittemore

 

No comments: