Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 10, 2009

Saturday! Not a whole lot going on today. Didn't really get a whole lot done around the house, either! Just one of those days. Got a few groceries, took some items to a Goodwill drop off, spent a couple of hours with one of the former pastor's daughters, did a couple loads of laundry, fixed supper, put dishes in the dishwasher and now I'm playing on the computer! I guess I did get a little bit done today, after all!

OK, on to today's post. DH and I basically grew up in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and Northern Kentucky. One of the GREAT things about that is SKYLINE CHILI!!!!! Some people refer to their chili as Cincinnati Chili. Unfortunately, we have not had a Skyline near us since we left the Cincinnati area in 1997! :( But, we did find a comparable Cincinnati Chili mix that we like really well! We bought LOTS of these packets when we lived in West Virginia over the past 11 years. When we moved to North Carolina in August of 2008, we soon found out that North Carolina not only does not have any Skyline restaurants, they don't carry Cincinnati Chili mix either! WOE IS ME! But, where there is a will, there is a way! Our daughter who still lives in WV gets the Cincinnati Chili mix packets for us! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Elisabeth!!! And, because of her doing that for us, we can STILL enjoy our Cincinnati Chili! So, today's layout is about the Cincinnati Chili that I fixed for our supper tonight!

I used a quick page created by Patti Senter at Digitals. She is one ROCKIN' quick page creator, I'll tell you that right now! This quick page is created with pieces from the January Challenge Bonus Kit at Digitals. You need to go to that forum and check out the challenges so you can get your free pieces to the MEGA kit! And, the best part about the quick page is that it is free! And there are 3 other quick pages that are free in the store at Digitals! Just click on the preview in the right hand column at the top and you will be taken to the free set of quick pages that Patti created! The quick pages will only be free through January! Hugs!

No comments: