Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22, 2009

We drove about an hour north of the house today to visit the hometown of Andy Griffith, Mt. Airy, NC - otherwise known as Mayberry, RFD. It was Tim's "proclaimed" day off from church work, so he decided we needed a change of pace.....he usually continues to do church work and all I do (when we are not doing church work) is scrapbooking. We had a delightful time and the day was warm, 44 degrees, and the sun was shining!

I used Amanda Thorderson's "Butterflies are Free" kit, which was the daily download at Digitals the first part of the month.



3 comments:

Vicky said...

testing

Anonymous said...

I am replying to your test. I didn't get this last time so it may work now...:)

Alisha said...

I would love to visit there...I love that show!!! I guess its working now, huh!