Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 18, 2009

"This is the day the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Have you ever really noticed that this verse is actually a command for us and not just a suggestion! I have to continually remind myself of this because I am prone to complain about one thing or another. I complain about the weather or some little ache or pain. Actually, I should be thankful and rejoice that the Lord has allowed me to live another day on His beautiful earth and in this great country! I could have been born in any other place on earth and it would not have been as great as the USA! Sure, our country needs a lot of prayer for it's leaders! But, I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Anyway, my post for today is, once again, about food! I like using my crockpot for our Sunday lunches. I can start the meal the night before and let it cook all night with minimal final "fixin's" before we sit down to eat!

I used Cindy Ritter's "Aged Elegance" kit found in her Digitals Store at the following link:
[url=http://digitalscrapbookpages.com/digitals/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=13667]Aged Elegance Link[/url]

Hope you have a wonderful week! And remember to REJOICE every day the Lord gives you!

No comments: