Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13, 2009

We got back to the hotel at around 3:00 this afternoon. We checked the brochure Tim picked up at Bellevue Baptist Church (Adrian Rogers former pastor) so we could see what time the services started as we planned to attend. But instead of preaching there was going to be a concert. So we decided we didn't want to go and checked the area for a movie instead. We saw Time Traveler's Wife, which was about the only PG-13 movie. Everything else practically was rated R. And as far as we were concerned after seeing it, this one should have been rated something besides PG-13 because of the nudity and language. Great story line, however. Left me crying!

Credits:
Amanda Thorderson, Good Day Sunshine
Font: Arial

No comments: