Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009

I am so glad to be back home! We had a great weekend and the Revival services were wonderful, but that trip was a killer! My tail bone got so sore sitting that long! It was wonderful to re-connect with the Meadows' after so many years! Tim was in seminary with Doug and Laura is the sister-in-law to my brother. We have not seen them in many, many years! I'm not sure that I had ever met Doug before. I was at Temple Baptist several times, however, so I probably did and just do not remember. They have a wonderful group of people in their congregation, which is about the size of our congregation.

It rained quite a bit early this morning on the trip. But I think it had pretty much cleared up by noon and the drive was pretty the rest of the way home. We had planned to stop at some state parks in NC to check them out for future day trips, but Tim decided not to since it was going to be so late by the time we got home anyway. We left at 9:00 (8 their time) and got home at around 8:00 (7 their time). So we made pretty good time and only stopped for gas and food and a potty break.

Credits:
Primarily Primary - Red by Vicky Day (Free on my Today's Scrap blog)
Primarily Secondary - Orange by Vicky Day (Free SOON on my Today's Scrap blog)
Font: Another

No comments: