Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3, 2009

I have 2 pages for you today.

I couldn't resist doing a muffin man layout today, even though I originally had other plans. I'll have to scrap about the "broken eggs" some other time!

I made these muffins for our "camping" trip this weekend. I use the term loosely because, IMHO if you can sleep pretty well on a camping trip, there must be something wrong! You can't REALLY be camping if you can sleep! Oh, but, I'm NOT complaining at all! Camping over the years has become something entirely different than that very first camping trip I ever went on, which was on my honeymoon! I kid you not! So much for the dreams of a romantic honeymoon in some foreign land, dinner by candle light followed by a walk along the beach at sunset, hand in hand, not aware of anyone or anything else on earth! We eventually stroll back to the honeymoon suite of our hotel, fling ourselves on the rose petal-covered bed and end the night with passionate love......to wake up the next morning......in a sleeping bag! LOL! But, you know what? I didn't really care one way or the other! I finally had my man and we were young and were together "forever" now so that was ALL that mattered! Anyway, I digressed! I'll have to show you that first camping trip ever that I was on and the things I learned how to do!

So, I started to tell you that I made these muffins for the camping excursion to Twin Falls State Park in WV where we will meet our 2 daughters and their families tomorrow evening. We probably won't do much tomorrow night because we plan to fix dinner after everyone arrives at approximately 5:00. There will probably be some time for swinging the kids or a short hike or something. We will see. So, I probably won't post anything on here for a couple of days. But, I'll have "camping" pages later on this weekend!

Credits: Scrap4Brains (my CT assignment for September)
Kit: School Stuff and School Stuff Alpha
Font: ABC Kids
If you would prefer the Letter Sized edition of this kit, it is HERE.

The 2nd page below uses the School Stuff Kit, also!



Here is a page of my dear GD, Hannah, on her first day of Kindergarten! She just looks so grown up! :(

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Yum! Those look delicious! Of course, I'd have them eaten in the first couple of days. Or they'd be eaten in a couple of hours if the kiddo was along!

Anonymous said...

Love both pages!!! I can eat my weight in muffins! And you're right...Hannah looks so OLD!!!