Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009

First of all I want to wish my baby girl (who turned 26 today) a Happy Birthday! And today's date would be 09-09-09, not to be written like that again for 100 years! Think you'll live that long, Lizzy?! Probably not! I know I certainly will not!

I walked out to the mail box today and noticed the yard was full of leaves from the tree that is in the front of the house. So, I got my first Fall picture of leaves, along with one of the turning leaves still in the tree, just waiting for the breeze to blow them to the ground. Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the cooler temperatures after a long, hot summer! And I especially love the colors of the Fall! Some of God's most magnificent paintings can be seen in the Fall! And I love the autumn breezes blowing. Ahhhhhh! Makes me want to kick up my heels and just lay in the grass and watch the world blow by (with camera in hand, of course!)!

Credits:
Cristina Guillermo/Scrap4Brains
Fruit Gel Bundle Pack - Lime
Font: Andy

No comments: