Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26, 2009

More preparation for the pastor's fellowship on Monday. Today I went to the Honey Baked Ham store and got 20 lbs of ham. One that was 12 lbs and one that was 8 lbs. Then I went to Walmart and got 6 large packages (approx. 8 in each pkg.) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for cooking in a crockpot in a new BBQ sauce Tim and I tried earlier this week that I found on the internet. I'll be glad when this fellowship meeting is over and I can relax! It makes me nervous not knowing exactly how many people are going to be there! But, I'll just trust the Lord that we will have enough meat, anyway!

Credits:
More of my new kit, Lord of the Harvest. I used the "Lord of the Harvest" frame as a cutting mask for one of the papers in this kit. I LOVE the tree and the leaves, which you can only see part of in this layout because I really didn't have enough room for it on the page. I am loving the elements in this kit!
Fonts: Times New Roman, title and Apple Butter, journaling

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hope your Fellowship goes well on Monday! Your decorations are beautiful.

We just returned from a one-day conference in mid-KY. I actually got to go on this one! I'll probably blog about it at some point. I'm trying to think of a creative way to spin the yarn. :)