Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009

It is neat how the Lord uses different things, every day things that we take for granted sometimes, to remind us of important issues we should be dealing with in our lives. Today being a case in point. I noticed the church sign DH has for the week and started thinking about how man starts to die as soon as we are born. Knowing this is important for making preparations for our unknown length of life and the family that will be left behind. More importantly for making preparations for the after life, eternity. As you've heard it said, I'm sure, that we are going to be dead alot longer than we will be alive! We should live our lives as if every day will be our last. Not morbidly so, but enthusiastically so! Doing as much as we can for the Lord in the time that we have. And telling others of the way of salvation! I know I am guilty of not making the best use of my time probably most of the time! We are all going to fade away as the grass and the flower. The only difference is that we are going to fade into eternity! Are you ready for that transition? I hope and pray that you are!

Credits: Silvia Romeo, Childhood Memories
Fonts: Annie BTN and Architech
Template: Amy M Designs

No comments: