Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27, 2009

I didn't get my "day of rest" today. I worked in the fellowship hall all afternoon and quit to give myself time to get dressed for the evening services. WHEW! It will all be over tomorrow night! The ladies have been so good to cooperate and help me with the food! I asked for crockpots today so I could cook the chicken in tomorrow. One lady, who isn't even a member of the church but attends very faithfully with her husband, donated a 6-Qt. crockpot to the church! I thought that was soooo sweet of her! And lots of others brought their crockpots, too! That will make my life alot easier tomorrow! However, I have to make a run to the store for ice and I forgot to get brown sugar and ketchup for my BBQ sauce. I decided to go ahead and cook the chicken tonight and tomorrow I will work on cutting the ham off of the bone. The crockpots will come in handy to warm the ham up in, too! The Honeybaked Ham people said they recommended that I NOT reheat it, but DH wants me to warm it up. So, I think I will put it all in a crockpot with a little bit of water and turn it on low so as just to steam it a bit. They showed me how to cut along the fat veins to get it off of the bone. I'm dreading that job! I'll probably end up making minced meat out of it, LOL!

Credits:
More of my new kit, Lord of the Harvest, coming soon to a blog near here....for free! My dad used to always say, "If its free, its for me!" And I couldn't agree with him more! And I think you agree, too! So, stay tuned! I hope to have the kit up later this week. But then again, I just remembered that Revival starts on Wednesday and goes through Sunday, so I take it back.....it probably won't be up this week! :(
Font: Angelina and Arial

BTW, I did post a freebie on my Today's Scrap blog. An add-on to the Construction Zone kit I posted on September 1st. The perfect kit for the little guy or the big man in your life! There are 2 parts to collect. Mine and Tinkay's. The link to her blog for downloading her section is over at my blog. Click on the link above for easy access.

No comments: