Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 04 - 10, 2009

OK, I know! I'm just a week behind! I took the laptop to WV with me with every intention of creating lots of pages! The only problem is that I forgot my EHD which has all of my scrapbooking kits on it! This first kit is one that the links were still accessible from my Digitals store account. The others are from some stuff I had on the laptop. I'll make comments and credits as you look through the pages below. Have fun reading and catching up on my life from the last week! :)

November 04, 2009
Last week I mentioned that I am making Barbie doll clothes for a certain someone for Christmas. I went to Dollar Tree with the intention of finding some goodies to make some more clothes with and I searched every inch of the store to find the goodies in this first page. You can read about it on my page.

November being a new month, it is time for me to be the CT for another designer at Digitals. Her credits are:
Angela Sharrow, Got Candy?
Font: Lights Out


November 05, 2009
I'm glad I happened to think of these skewers that worked perfectly for my knitting needs! The yarn I bought yesterday is going to turn into a jacket for a very special Barbie doll, hopefully! I knew I should have saved all of the craft stuff I got rid of before we moved from WV! Oh, well! Such is life!

We traveled to WV today for the purpose of attending the dedication services on 11/7 of the new building for Buffalo Baptist that was started when we were still there. Tim is to give some of the history of the new building construction and Jessica and I will be singing.

Credits:
Angela Sharrow, Got Candy?
Font: Lights Out


November 06, 2009
Jessica arrived last night with little Michael. Terry decided not to come since Brad was going to be busy and since Tim was not going to be around on Friday. As you can see, the kids had loads of fun bouncing on the air mattress that Jessica and Michael slept on. I love catching the kids in the air as they are jumping around!

Credits:
Digital Freebies Friday Freebie, Falling for You
Font: Lights Out


November 07, 2009
The dedication services did not start until 2:00, so we decided to take the kids to the elementary school playground to burn off some of their energy. The day was absolutely gorgeous! Not too hot with the sun shining brightly and a wonderful breeze blowing leaves off the trees! I remember climbing to the top of the swings and spinning on the top bar. Well, that was a few years ago, to say the least! But watching Liz flip over the bar made me want to do it, too! So, I did! Obviously Michael thought I couldn't get my big caboose over, so he was trying to help me! I didn't need his help, but that's OK! Did I mention that he could not perform mine and Liz's trick? :)

Credits:
Sharon C, A Little Bird Told Me
Font: Lights Out


November 08, 2009
We traveled home after the dedication services and meal yesterday and got home around 9:30. It is a 4 hour trip if you don't stop to eat. That includes a stop to get gas and go to the potty. Not a really bad trip. I like traveling and working on my laptop at night because the sun is not reflecting on the screen that way and it is so much easier to see what I am doing!

I finished knitting the length of yarn that I was working on for the Barbie doll jacket. And, it turned out pretty nice! I still need to fix some sort of fastener at the top of it. But, other than that, it is finished! I like the varigated colors it has.

Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest
Fonts: Adorable (title) and Angelina (journaling)


November 09, 2009
Every month, except December, we take a group of people from church and conduct services at the Mallard Ridge Assisted Living home about 7 miles from the church. We have a wonderful time with the people there every month. They really love to sing! It is such a blessing to be there. These services are sure different from the Nursing Home services we have held in the past! I used to dread going to those!

Credits:
Silvia Romeo, Arbesque Lavender
Font: Angelina


November 10, 2009
Instead of running back and forth to the store off and on all week, I decided to try sticking to the e-mealz plan that Dave Ramsey recommends. The plan comes with menus for 5 meals (there are leftovers with most of them), recipes and the grocery list. I am really enjoying because I have minimal food preparation to worry and think about!

Credits:
Silvia Romeo, Arbesque Lavender
Font: Angelina

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I must try this! Basketball is back in gear & I'm still watching our little guy 3 days a week. Menu planning is not a very high prioity these days.