Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 14, 2009

The weather was absolutely beautiful today! Since we didn't get to do any exploring on Tim's day off this week because of the rain, he wanted to make a trip to Pilot Mountain. Unfortunately, most of the colorful leaves had already fallen to the ground, but it was just a beautiful day to be outside! Everyone else thought so, too, as we have NEVER seen so many people there as we saw today! There were so many people, in fact, that Tim wouldn't even set up the tripod to get a picture of us because of all the people "looking." Even though there were lots of people taking pictures! Anyway.......

Tim decided after we left Pilot Mountain to go to Hanging Rock State Park. We always see the sign but have never gone. Beautiful park! The "modest" trail (what a joke!) was a killer to the peaks! It was pretty but would have been better if the leaves were still colorful! It was exhilarating being out on the edge, however!

The short trip turned into an all day adventure! Plus, I had not eaten anything since breakfast because I cannot hike on a full stomach and we didn't leave until noon. So, my plan was to eat my peanut butter and honey sandwich and chips when we were done at Pilot Mountain. But since we were going to Hanging Rock, which I knew was not too awful far from Pilot Mountain, I still didn't want to eat and try to drag the extra weight up and down the hills! Tim decided we would eat at Subway on the way home (it was dark by the time we finished at Hanging Rock) but Monica took us to a Subway address where there was no longer a Subway, but we found a Jersey Mike's Subs right down the street, so that is what we had for dinner! It sure was good after not eating all day!

Well, I'm exhausted, so I'm going to bed early tonight! Have a wonderful and blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!

Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest
Font: Angelina


3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

love, love love the shadow pic!! I am going to try that on Hannah and Ryan sometime. We def need to go to these state parks while we are visiting next summer.

Anonymous said...

I've seen and heard of these places, but never been. Looks great.

Kimberly Pitman said...

I've passed the mountain many times but never had a chance to stop. Thanks for showing me what I missed!