Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 29, 2009

November 26 - 29, 2009

We had a wonderful weekend with Michael and Jessica and Kara. We arrived at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Thursday. Jessica, Terry and Michael had been there since the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday. They came early so they could take a day and go to Washington, D.C. Michael, Jessica and Kara went with them. Unfortunately, Liz, Brad, Hannah and Ryan could not come because of the kids being sick.

After Tim and I arrived, I started playing with the kids, trying to keep them out of the kitchen and out of Jessica's hair as she made the final preparations on the turkey dinner. The bird was cooked to perfection! And the fixin's to go along with it were superb! Great job on the dinner, Jessica! Loved every bite!

In the afternoon and into the evening, the adults played cards, etc, while I played with Michael and Kara. They wore me out! But I love playing with them! They are so much fun! See the rest of the explanations above the pictures below.

Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest
Font: Bradley Hand

Friday, November 27th, 2009
Jessica, Michael and Terry had to leave early in the morning to get Michael back to his dad's house by 2:00 p.m. They were supposed to leave at 7 a.m. But, they overslept. Tim expected to hear them moving around in the other part of the basement where we sleep because that is where he thought they were all sleeping. So, when he never did hear them, he got up anyway. And seeing the mattresses all moved off of the floor, he figured they had already left. What Tim did not realize is that the mattresses in the basement had been set up for Liz's family and that Jessica, Terry and Michael were sleeping upstairs. Anyway, at 8:30 Jessica gets up and asks her dad why he didn't wake them up. He told her he thought they were already gone. So they scurried around and left pretty quickly, being 2 hours behind schedule. Terry made it to Michael's dad's house with 10 minutes to spare! We think Terry was probably driving ALMOST faster than his guardian angel could keep up with him! :) Thank you, Lord for your watch care over them!

Michael and Jessica took us to the Savage Mill to look around in the special shops that occupied the refurbished textile mill. It was very interesting and we enjoyed looking around. The rest of the day was spent playing with Kara and playing games and eating leftovers!

Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest
Font: Bodoni Bd
Saturday, November 28th, 2009
I spent the morning cleaning up the basement for Jessica so that she wouldn't have to spend so much time cleaning up after Tim and I. I cleaned the bathroom, emptied the trash, stripped the bed and carried the towels and linens to the laundry room. Then I played with Kara some more before it was time to leave. At noon, we headed back to NC. The traffic slowed us down by about 1/2 hour, which was not too bad. We stopped and got out of the traffic for awhile at 2 p.m. and ate at McDonalds. That was very good for a change! We arrived home at about 7 p.m. I was able to finish knitting Kara's scarf. All I have to do is add some fringe and some bling! I want to re-work the flower on her hat and then add some bling to it and hers will be finished. Then I'll start on Hannah's.

Credits:
Vicky Day, Sweater Weather
Font: Bodoni Bd
Sunday, November 29th, 2009
It was nice to sleep in our own bed again! However, the bed at Michael's is plenty comfortable, but you know how it is ... nothing sleeps quite as good as your own bed!

Jessica packed us up lots of leftover turkey for sandwiches, which Tim just LOVES! So, that was his meal before church tonight. And, for lunch I had some chicken and rice left that I added some turkey to. Worked out great. Best of all, I didn't have to cook a new meal! Love those leftovers!

Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest
Font: Bodoni Bd
The utensils were made just for this layout and are not part of the kit.

No comments: